Intro to Fashion Sewing
Apprentice level courses begin with garment sewing foundation skills. If you are new to sewing or have just a little machine sewing experience but have a passion for fashion then this class is for you! In Intro to Fashion Sewing you acquire the skills you need to move on to other 200 level garment sewing courses with confidence.
In class students will make Fashion Kit Patterns Shopper Tote, FK Sunday Shorts (or lounge pants in colder seasons), and an Infinity Scarf.
- Safe and proper use of the sewing and serger machines
- Practice keeping even seam allowance
- How to follow garment sewing instructions
- Reading and laying out patterns
- Preparing and cutting garment pieces
- Proper use of the iron
- Lined bag construction
- Taking body measurements for fit
- Basic pant construction
- Drawstring casing construction
Beginners + Improvers. No experience necessary. Or you might have a few projects under your belt but no experience sewing garments. You are transitioning from our Sewing Foundations program to our Fashion Sewing program.
Age 10+ (Grade 5+ or with instructor approval)
- Premium apparel fabric and materials, FK patterns with digital instructions.
- Each student has their own sewing station with an Eversewn Sparrow 25 or 30 sewing machine, tools, and notions.