Our Sewing Studio is hiring part time instructors
We are a sewing studio in Marblehead, MA on the hunt for great sewing instructors to help with our afterschool and weekend classes and summer camps! Classes will take place mostly at our Pleasant Street Studio location and also at schools locally in the North shore area. Classes will mostly be for kids first to 6th grade. But we are also looking for instructors for our teen and adult classes. We are excited to offer 10 weeks of summer camp this year and need instructors to fill those positions as well.
Must Have qualifications
- Sewing proficiency, pattern making & fashion design a bonus.
- The ability to be a self starter.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- Tons of patience.
- The ability to lead.
- A love for kids of all ages.
- Personality & charm.
- Organization skills.
- A positive & upbeat personality.
- The ability to get around Marblehead, Swampscott, Salem, Lynn, Beverly, and surrounding areas.
- The ability to pass a background check with flying colors
- Experience teaching and/or working with kids.
Payment structure is dependent on number of kids enrolled in the class. Up to 8 kids max and up to $30 per 1 hour class.
No need to be a professional seamstress, tailor or a famous designer. We are more interested in finding people who would find it fun & rewarding be a part of our sewing community and teach others to get creative with the sewing machine.
Please send cover letter (stating why you'd be a great fit) as well as your current resume to be considered. Do you have a sewing related website or blog? We'd love to see it! If you know any super star stitchers that have experience teaching? Please, please, please share this message with them!